VISION = SUCCESS
The American Optometric Association (AOA) has found that up to 80 percent of learning occurs through your children’s eyes. Every day your child must read, write, and view a chalkboard.
But many of our children may be struggling in school because of vision-related issues. As many as one in four kids has a vision problem that has gone undetected. Having your child’s eyes examed by a Doctor of Optometry every year before school starts can help them get the right prescription glasses to help them succeed.
Once you have your prescription visit Specialeyes for a huge selection of BC’s most affordable Children’s Frames and Lenses.
Vision Warning Signs
It may be time to schedule an eye exam if you observe the following signs:
- Loses their place while reading
- Uses their finger to keep place when reading
- Frequently reverses when reading or writing
- Holding reading material closer than normal
- Avoids close work like reading or writing
- Blinking excessively
- Frequently rubbing their eyes
- Not maintaining eye contact
- Squinting while reading or watching television